Added KoF97
*update 11/24*
New version for KoF96
*update 10/17*
Added link to KoF95 Arranged Soundtrack Version by
@KuroNeko666
*update 08/29*
Added Samurai Spirits RPG thanks to @KuroNeko666

I decided to make a thread to keep track of YZB's 4MB hacks since he is a chinese person and only posts in a chinese message board and uploads to Baidu, which is a pain to register and use outside of China. On top of this, accessing the download links at chinaemu requires you to buy them using a forum currency. To download these games I use tactics I'm not proud of, so why not sharing? :)

I will provide mediafire links to the latest updates.

While these hacks reportedly only work with Action Replay 4MB, Dracula X and KoF97 seem to work with the oficial 4 MB cart.

Dracula X - Last updated 2022/07/30
*New V1.31 uploaded: fixed remaining black screens*
Features: instant access to the menu and map, shortcut to the map, easy moves for Maria, faster loadings to the teleport rooms and slightly faster loading times on some maps
- Map: Press R+B to show the map playing with Alucard, B do close or L to open the Menu. Richter and Maria: press L.
- Activate Easy Moves Maria: Press R+X to enable it (her box name will change to red), R+Z do disable.
New commands:
1. ← ↖↑↗→+A/C changed to ↑↗→+A/C
2. ← → ↘↓ ↙ ←→+A/C changed to ↓ ↙ ←→+A/C
3. ↑2s ↗→↘ ↓+A/C changed to ↓↘→+Y (increased the owl limit too)
4. ↑↗→↘ ↓↙ ←↖ ↑2s↓+A /C changed to ↓↘→+Z
Download

Ultraman - Last updated 2020/05/31
Features: Rom cart no more required, slightly faster loading times, simplified cheats
I really don't have interest in making sense of the original post nor have any interest in this game lol so I will post the google translated notes with the cheats:
## Cheats!
* 1: When [PRESS START BUTTON] appears on the game title screen, use 1P to input the ↑, ↑, ↓, ↓ keys in sequence, and the effect will sound if successful, then press START to open the menu screen (original 1P input ↑, ↓, A, B, C, →, ← keys)
- Press and hold the Y key to select options other than OPTION, the game background will be composed of pure polygons without texture maps;
- Hold down the Z key to display in a mode without time and energy In the game, the remaining time can only be judged by the sound;
- In the battle mode, hold down the X key to determine the battle field will be randomly selected.
* 2: Continue to use the 1P input ←, →, ←→ on the game title screen, and the effect will sound if successful (original 2P input ↑, ↑, A, A, C, C, ↓, ↓, B, ←, B, →, ←, →, B, B keys)
- The current test is the battle mode, you can choose the level, whether there are other effects is unknown
* 3: Continue to use 1P to enter the B, A, B, A keys on the game title screen, and it will succeed. Sound effect sound (original 2P input C, B, A, B, C, ↓, ←, ↑, →, ↓, A, B, C, B, A keys)
- no effect tested
* 4: OPTION interface, Press and hold the L+R keys of 1P, the effect will sound if successful, and you can call up the MOVIE ROOM mode (displayed on the main interface) The above 4 items can only be successfully entered once. After success, continue to input invalid and no effect sound. The first 3 items must be entered in order
Download

The King of Fighters '95 - Last updated 2020/06/07
Features: Rom cart no more required, bosses already unlocked.
Download | AST Version

The King of Fighters '96 - Last updated 2020/08/24
*update 11/24: added new version. Fixed black screen if the last round is a mirror match*
Features: 1 Mega ram cart no more required, faster loading times (about the same as KoF95), bosses already unlocked, Demo Play (cutscenes and endings) unlocked for all teams.
Download

Samurai Spirits RPG - Last updated 2020/08/19
Features: Faster loading times and cheats. The faster loading times will be more noticeable running from a disc than an image (emulators, MODE, fenrir etc) but still noticeable from an image.
- Debug Menu will show right after booting the game with various options. You can access it too pushing start ingame.
- Game starts with 50,000 Yuan.
- Hold B in the World Map to stop random encounters.
- Grinding removed: win 4 times more exp and money after battles.
Download | Mirror

The King of Fighters '97 - Last Updated 2022/08/01
Features: Faster loading times, unlocked hidden characters, playable Orochi. Demo Select unlocked for all teams.
- Start the game without a save file and the hidden characters will be shown at the Char Select Screen.
- Orochi has no icon and is located between Iori and Shingo. Bugs may happen when playing as him.
- This hack has a ram cart check. If the cart check failed, a verification screen will appear. If the result is a 0, you can start the game normally.
- Black screens were not observed on emulators. If you experience any black screens on real machine, might be a cart (conector, etc) issue but this is a beta release still so be it.
*Important* Apply the patch below to fix the mute BGM bug. Open the patch, click the right bottom button, select your .img and choose save then yes and keep clicking on the next boxes till the end.
Download Download BGM Fix

Last edited:
I'm editting this post because I understand maybe I did a wrong judgment about YZB.

The hacks are more difficult to get because you have to:
1- Buy an invitation code to that forum;
2- Once registered, you have to earn (very hard) or buy "forum currency";
3- Use this currency to buy the download link.

So, some games maybe should not show up here, or take a longer time.

Last edited:
Here is the link for Samurai Spirits RPG.
A bit hard to obtain the original patch via Baidu, but that's okay.
You can upload it in another host, or fix the link in the beginning of the thread, if you prefer.

And about the author of the hacks...
I don't think that he is hiding their works. I agree about the difficulty of selected host, but I believe that they don't have too many options to upload a file "without pay the host in any way", or upload it in a most "foreigner-friendly" host... inside of China.

EDIT: I burnt it in a CDR and try to run it with Pseudo Saturn Kai, and gives me a black screen.
I had to make the swap trick metod in order to make it work (maybe the ISO needs to be patched before burn, to work with Pseudo...?).

Anyway, the debug menu is active and the load times are more fast!

Last edited:
Here is the link for Samurai Spirits RPG.
A bit hard to obtain the original patch via Baidu, but that's okay.
You can upload it in another host, or fix the link in the beginning of the thread, if you prefer.

And about the author of the hacks...
I don't think that he is hiding their works. I agree about the difficulty of selected host, but I believe that they don't have too many options to upload a file "without pay the host in any way", or upload it in a most "foreigner-friendly" host... inside of China.

EDIT: I burnt it in a CDR and try to run it with Pseudo Saturn Kai, and gives me a black screen.
I had to make the swap trick metod in order to make it work (maybe the ISO needs to be patched before burn, to work with Pseudo...?).

Anyway, the debug menu is active and the load times are more fast!
Thanks, I will rehost it and add to the list later, with your link too. I really had forgotten about it and gave up searching lol.

Hello gang, I own a Japanese Saturn with the Phoebe installed. My 4MB RAM solution is the Pro Action Replay.

Downloaded a couple of these, the only one I could get to work was Samsho RPG (which oddly enough assumed the name for KOF '96). Hacks Dracula X did not show up at all... KOF '95 appeared in the RMENU but when booted loading into the PAR I get a black screen. I deleted SamSho because it assumed the name KOF '96 in the RMENU, KOF '96 still showed up afterwards so I'm assuming it's pointing to the hacked '96 folder however when I boot it the PAR's "Now Loading" screen just hangs. A little bit frustrating to say the least.

Where did I go wrong? Do they need to be patched a certain way and if so what program would you guys recommend? The games I really want to play are Dracula X and the two KOF hacks (ESPECIALLY KOF '95 w/o the ROM cart) I feel like it's something simple I'm missing.

I think it's incompatible with phoebe then? I use a modchip so I just burnt the images with imgburn and all of them booted fine.

I think it's incompatible with phoebe then? I use a modchip so I just burnt the images with imgburn and all of them booted fine.
Figured out a way to get them all to work after all! Apparently after installing the roms you must activate the RMENU in order for each hack to be recognized. In the end the one I had the most trouble with was that KOF '96 hack on account of it's CloneCD like all the others (Phoebe sometimes rejects CloneCD even though it's supposed to support it) so I just used team Daemon Tools/UltraISO to unmount and repurpose the rom for MDS/MDF format and it worked like a charm. To be clear, even though the others were CloneCD they worked too. Perhaps the '96 hack wasn't nearly as thorough? Overall this was a nice treat to go with the resolution hack I picked up for MK Trilogy!

One thing to go great with this mod is the arranged audio + ROM cart hack for KOF '95 Saturn. A Youtuber was kind enough to share it with me. Great, decent guy that one! You guys can let me know if you want that. It transforms the Saturn into NeoGeo CD! My only issue is the winscreen and a few other musical queues are way off but otherwise great.

Last edited:
Figured out a way to get them all to work after all! Apparently after installing the roms you must activate the RMENU in order for each hack to be recognized. In the end the one I had the most trouble with was that KOF '96 hack on account of it's CloneCD like all the others (Phoebe sometimes rejects CloneCD even though it's supposed to support it) so I just used team Daemon Tools/UltraISO to unmount and repurpose the rom for MDS/MDF format and it worked like a charm. To be clear, even though the others were CloneCD they worked too. Perhaps the '96 hack wasn't nearly as thorough? Overall this was a nice treat to go with the resolution hack I picked up for MK Trilogy!

One thing to go great with this mod is the arranged audio + ROM cart hack for KOF '95 Saturn. A Youtuber was kind enough to share it with me. Great, decent guy that one! You guys can let me know if you want that. It transforms the Saturn into NeoGeo CD! My only issue is the winscreen and a few other musical queues are way off but otherwise great.
Hello! Glad you managed to fix the issues about Phoebe!

Some days ago, I was trying to track down the KOF95 image with arranged soundtrack byt I didn't find anything... so I decided to edit the sound myself.

I've burn my image and finished the game about 4 times without problems, and a very minor audio issue that I've found was in "winner music", that plays a very little "hiccup" from the next track (no perceptible if you skip the points fast enough), about less of 1 second.

Do you want me to share my KOF95 AST image? I can do it later...

Last edited:

Great find. It will help others with phoebe.
About the kof95 with ast, if you can share a link, I would update the op with it.

Hello! Glad you managed to fix the issues about Phoebe!

Some days ago, I was trying to track down the KOF95 image with arranged soundtrack byt I didn't find anything... so I decided to edit the sound myself.

I've burn my image and finished the game about 4 times without problems, and a very minor audio issue that I've found was in "winner music", that plays a very little "hiccup" from the next track (no perceptible if you skip the points fast enough), about less of 1 second.

Do you want me to share my KOF95 AST image? I can do it later...
Yes please! My current AST ROM bundle has an issue with the winscreen too however that issue is probably worse since it only plays the very end of it cutting out between 3-4 seconds of the song. Also the intro music starts up late on mine too. Perhaps yours corrects some of these issues? Either way I'd love to download the image.
Great find. It will help others with phoebe.
About the kof95 with ast, if you can share a link, I would update the op with it.
What he said.

Here is the link for my edit of Arranged Soundtrack for King of Fighters 95 - RAM Hack.

Edit: yeah, all the audio track was tweaked a bit, and removed the "silence" at beginning of each one.

The music from opening was adjusted to be synchonized with image... I've did the best I could.

The "coin inserted/ press start button" (unused) was adjusted too.

The staff roll music was adjusted to match the timing of credits per se.

Like a bonus, I've added the ending track from Psycho Soldier Team in your complete form (it won't play during game/ staff roll), and it can heard on the Saturn player.

Hope you like it!
Cheers.

Last edited:
Here is the link for my edit of Arranged Soundtrack for King of Fighters 95 - RAM Hack.

Edit: yeah, all the audio track was tweaked a bit, and removed the "silence" at beginning of each one.

The music from opening was adjusted to be synchonized with image... I've did the best I could.

Like a bonus, I've added the ending track from Psycho Soldier Team in your complete form (it won't play during game/ staff roll), and it can heard on the Saturn player.

Hope you like it!
Cheers.
Just tried it out. This hack worked like a charm much better than the one I was about to post. Still am grateful to the person who worked on that one too!

I can't recall the way the original Neo CD intro played I'd have to go back and look at the video. Even if it turns out it's a little off I'm content with your release. I can tell a lot of hard work went into this. The main thing I wanted was the winscreen music restored and you did that in all it's glory so thanks a ton and good fortune.

Hope you like it!
Cheers.
Neat. Added to OP.

Found these are screen resolution hacks a little bit ago too for anyones who's interested. Am kicking myself rn because I can't for the life of me remember where I got them from. So far I only tried DOA the boost in quality looks good however the menus and intro's all fucked up. They're like mirroring into eachother. In-game looks normal though, I chalked it up to me failing to patch the game correctly since I was rushing. Perhaps you guys will have better luck. Shout out to the original uploader who deserves all the credit in the world!

Please note, these manually require a patch. Fortunately they come with instructions that will get them to run.

Duke Nukem 3D

Dead or Alive

Batman Forever Coin-Op

Last Bronx

Fighters Megamix

Cotton 2

Last edited:
Found these resolution hacks a little bit ago too for anyones who's interested. Am kicking myself rn because I can't for the life of me remember where I got them from. So far I only tried DOA the boost in quality looks good however the menus and intro's all fucked up. They're like mirroring into eachother. In-game looks normal though, I chalked it up to me failing to patch the game correctly since I was rushing. Perhaps you guys will have better luck. Shout out to the original uploader who deserves all the credit in the world!

Please note, these manually require a patch. Fortunately they come with instructions that will get them to run.

Duke Nukem 3D

Dead or Alive

Batman Forever Coin-Op

Last Bronx

Fighters Megamix

Cotton 2
I think you mean to post here Screeen resolution hacks

Hello guys! I loved so mutch thease hacks! Im very very excited about a Kof 97 4MB hack to improove the loads.
I wold like to ask something, cold someone fix the King of Fighters 96 MONO problem, the game do not work in stereo, I have the original and the problem is there too.
I tinhk this can bel resolved very easy for someone very expert in make this mod.
Thanks so mutch.

Hello guys! I loved so mutch thease hacks! Im very very excited about a Kof 97 4MB hack to improove the loads.
I wold like to ask something, cold someone fix the King of Fighters 96 MONO problem, the game do not work in stereo, I have the original and the problem is there too.
I tinhk this can bel resolved very easy for someone very expert in make this mod.
Thanks so mutch.
IIRC, the KOF96 from NeoGeo CD has the same problem in audio tracks too...

Regarding the AST/ BGM, maybe I can give a look... but in sound effects, unfortunately, it would require serious programming skills (if it is possible to do). Dunno if the sound effect has stereo channels too...

I'm not used to seeing so much love for such high profile Saturn mods. Truly a wonderful thing.

Btw I viewed the load times from the '96 hack. Nice little improvement. It outright cuts 15% of the loading bar before each fight starts. It may not seem like much at first however if you're doing a playthrough? It REALLY adds up overtime! Holy fuck what a difference.

Last edited:
Back