IGNORED

Call the ports to ship

patjomki

In this thread I want to keep track of all those pending ports:

Edited by patjomki
  • Like 4

Actually here is a version with bugfixes/upgrades that were fixed after Silly Venture but never published:

- 2 x more sprites (almost like c64, 5 pieces possible proably)

- most bugs (~2 still here) fixed

- all secrets working ok

- no crash

- secret weapon upgrade (lvl1, left ladder) working

We really want to make it to work on a stock atari + cartridge, thats why it is waiting for the final refactor (i hope we do it in 2024 and close the project).

fqlatest.xex

• Like 9
  • Thanks 7

On 7/14/2023 at 9:11 PM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

You can also use my lists as a reference for all the WIP games for the A8, just do a search for the word Port: 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019.

There's some overlap, but quickly adding them up from my lists there are 29 last year and 19 in progress so far this year!

- James

Thanks for the tip and that you allow to use your lists. Btw, it isn't my intention to build a competetive list to your lists I just wanted to have a list where all the ports are listed regardless of the year they were announced.

To include all wip games from your lists would be a real huge task so for a start I just adjusted the list in a similar way like you did your lists and included the suggestions from @Beeblebrox

I also did not include any developers on purpose because I do not want to put pressure on them with my list I just want to keep track which games are announce but not completed yet.

• Like 3

On 7/14/2023 at 10:56 PM, solo/ng said:

Actually here is a version with bugfixes/upgrades that were fixed after Silly Venture but never published:

- 2 x more sprites (almost like c64, 5 pieces possible proably)

- most bugs (~2 still here) fixed

- all secrets working ok

- no crash

- secret weapon upgrade (lvl1, left ladder) working

We really want to make it to work on a stock atari + cartridge, thats why it is waiting for the final refactor (i hope we do it in 2024 and close the project).

fqlatest.xex 203.22 kB · 52 downloads

It always 'crashes' for me using Altirra. Tried PAL and it then window opens to change to NTSC, start in 64KBs then it says to change to 320KBs (only option there), start also in 128KBs,...

It always shows many white large squares/lines going up and flicker on the screen. Thought it was some 'starnge kind of' decompressing so I waited some time but no way.

:?

Edited by José Pereira

• 4 months later...

@patjomki I'd personally add Sweity's Doom (gr10 9 colour) engine as it is still being worked on despite earlier beta versions being released. That and of course his other 128k gtia Doom engine which was initially showcased in the excellent Rewind demo last summer. Doom on the A8 is such an achievement so IMHO any Doom engines in progress should be in a wip thread like you are maintaining. :)

Also now you are able to edit your first post, will you be updating the details? I say so because for l'abbaye des morts you mentioned at the time the latest update on progress was earlier this year in June. We had a small update on progress /poss eta from Fantomas last month.. See https://forums.atariage.com/topic/345609-labbaye-des-morts/?do=findComment&comment=5355491

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2023 at 10:01 PM, Beeblebrox said:

@patjomki I'd personally add Sweity's Doom (gr10 9 colour) engine

Also now you are able to edit your first post, will you be updating the details?

Thanks for your comment but I don't think I am going to add Doom to this list as it is already released and the beta is good enough to be considered as nearly "final".

I also added the latest information about l'abbaye des morts. Sorry that this took so long.

Edited by patjomki

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Yautja said:

The "estimated final release" for "L'Abbaye des morts" still in... 2023?

Yes, that's the latest official announcement but you're right I should change this [edit: changed].

Edited by patjomki