IGNORED

FloB - teaser

bocianu

What a terrific looking game, flipping the screen to navigate the obstacles is a really interesting game mechanic. I was expecting to see the flob stretch to get through small gaps, lay flat to avoid dangers etc. like putty did on the Amiga. I didn't expect the screen flipping. 

Looking forward to this :)

• Thanks 1

Some people ask for purchase physical version. It will be available on cartridge packed in nice box, with colorful manual etc., as bocianu wrote. If you are interested in, please copy actual list, add yourself on next number, then paste it here.

1. Beeblebrox
2. invisible kid
3. Philsan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, bocianu said:

FloB teaser - the begining of the tutorial level

A short video of the first few minutes of my game.

Intro was cut to not show everything ;)

This is not the final version of the game yet.

Wow! Just watched the video! I agree with MrRobot about the game mechanics. Screen flipping as part of the problem solving aspect is a genius element.;-) (I had the same reaction when first discovering the excellent Ridiculous Reality mechanics).  The speed and fluidity of the main character physics is great. I like the hint text system. Seriously can't wait to play this. I take it you have  Sophia1/2 installed or is this recorded in an emulator? Would be interested to see what the screen looked like on a stock display output. 

To echo zbyti's comment this may very well turn out to be one of the best platformers on A8. :-D

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

I take it you have  Sophia1/2 installed or is this recorded in an emulator? Would be interested to see what the screen looked like on a stock display output. 

To echo zbyti's comment this may very well turn out to be one of the best platformers on A8. :-D

This video was recorded using Altirra emulator, but I had opportunity to play it on CRT display, and it looks quite nice IMHO.

Zbyti was one of my testers (most dedicated). He is a real pro in this game. I will show you his amazing flawless, speedruns on these maps, but everything after the release.

Edited by bocianu
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bocianu said:

I will show you his amazing flawless, speedruns on these maps, but everything after the release.

...and after few months I think ?

Let the users to discover the worlds themeselves ?

• Like 2

@bocianu  Great, I'll be initially running it on my Dell 2007fpb 20" flatscreen monitor via shielded S-Video cable (thru an upscaler) on my 65XE (320k) Stereo A8. Latter is currently giving me crappy jailbars but I think I'll be upgrading to Sophia 2 at some stage anyway. I have Retroscaler 2x coming which I'll try first, mainly because I have 2 x other A8s and can't upgrade all 3 of them to Sophia 2. (Wallet a lil tight :_( and I've just invested in an U1MB :-D). I wanted a Retrotink 2x or 2x mini but you just can't source them in the UK unless you pay a ton of cash to get em shipped over from the US:-o.

Hey, I assume FloB's announcement will be featuring on the front pages of Indieretronews.com (http://www.indieretronews.com/search/label/Atari XE), complete with images and the video? It's always nice to see them shout about A8 games over there and keep the other 8 bit communities up to speed with all things Atari. :-D

Oh and I agree with @Mq., letting the players play and discover the many worlds/rooms post release is defo the way to go before any spoilers. :thumbsup:

thanks again :D

Edited by Beeblebrox
typos

1 hour ago, Mq. said:

Some people ask for purchase physical version. It will be available on cartridge packed in nice box, with colorful manual etc., as bocianu wrote. If you are interested in, please copy actual list, add yourself on next number, then paste it here.

1. Beeblebrox
2. invisible kid
3. Philsan

1. Beeblebrox
2. invisible kid
3. Philsan

4. Sub(Function(:))