New Game - Takeout Freakout

Hello, I'd like to announce my latest game Takeout Freakout, made with PGD and available to download HERE

[img]Screenshot02.gif

[img]Screenshot01.gif

You play a fast food worker trapped inside a takeaway haunted by alien mutant hamburgers.

P.S. I'm probably going to lengthen and change the in-game music - it is a little annoying!

Post edited by LoadingScreech on
Thanked by 3pjgames JasonUK hikoki

Comments

• A very nice manic miner style game never heard of PGD though, trying AGD myself at the moment.
  • I like the music!

Plays well and has a nice early 80's feel.

As good as AGD is it's nice to play something that is clearly from a different engine for a change, PGD seems pretty good. Presumably you're going to put an intro screen etc later?
  • edited March 2017
    Nice game, just a little bit on the easier side. Maybe too much time to complete each screen. And after the last level, you go back to the first one without a congrats message. But really enjoyed the game :)

The review: http://planetasinclair.blogspot.pt/2017/03/takeout-freakout.html
    Post edited by Andre Faria on
  • R-Tape wrote: »
    I like the music!

Plays well and has a nice early 80's feel.

As good as AGD is it's nice to play something that is clearly from a different engine for a change, PGD seems pretty good. Presumably you're going to put an intro screen etc later?

I have tried using the loading screen as a border and intro but this happens where the lives should be [img]Takeout_Freakout_Glitch.jpg
    The lives appear rather than disappear so, I might end up using Mr Caudwell's Intro Maker or BASIC instead.

• pjgames wrote: »
    A very nice manic miner style game never heard of PGD though, trying AGD myself at the moment.

It's by the same author (J.Cauldwell) and purchasable as a download or real tape from Cronosoft UK at cronosoft.orgfree.com/

• edited March 2017
    Nice game, just a little bit on the easier side. Maybe too much time to complete each screen. And after the last level, you go back to the first one without a congrats message. But really enjoyed

Some of those things are limits of PGD - I believe I'm correct in saying if I chose a quicker frame rate then there would be less time with the disadvantage of music playing more up tempo and enemies patrolling quicker.

According to the instruction manual, PGD linear games do loop back to level one when completed.

The game could be longer - I was originally going for 20 levels like Manic Miner but stopped at 15 - it is just a hobby for me.
  • Improved version uploaded - just to clarify this is a preview version but, fully playable.
    Download HERE
  • Final version uploaded, no longer taking suggestions for the time being.

Dropbox link stays the same or you can visit my blog Loading Screech . Folder now includes a version that can be played with a Sinclair Joystick.
  • Cool.
    ZX81/ZX Spectrum/Amiga/Atari music: http://yerzmyey.i-demo.pl/
  • Yerzmyey wrote: »
    Cool.
    Thanks.

• Finally got round to completing this one. Enjoyable, reminded me of Sid Spanners. Could have been more challenging, the best level is 'The Office'.
  • R-Tape wrote: »
    Could have been more challenging, the best level is 'The Office'.

Thanks - and I was worried it was too hard! I might add to it in the future and make an extended, more challenging version.

• ZX Vega (2015 original model) keymap added to download - on Dropbox HERE.
  • edited July 2017
    Slight change to keymap - either Vega 'F' key or D-Pad Up makes player jump (player's choice).

No further changes planned at present.

Dropbox link unchanged.