Krpat - my own game

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

PeterMac
Drutt

Krpat - my own game

Post by PeterMac »

I hope this is the right forum to suggest a game for inclusion in ZXDB.

"Krpat" is a game that I wrote back in 1992-1994 when I was a teenager. It was never officially released. It was written on Didaktik M, a Czechoslovak clone of ZX Spectrum 48K. It is free for distribution.

The files (according to viewtopic.php?t=1592):
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap-RwZWFD2Nim7RULHt ... g?e=gIL28S

The short gameplay video (not a full RZX walkthrough):
https://youtu.be/7cmJ0TDfO1E
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Krpat - my own game

Post by R-Tape »

PeterMac wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:00 pm "Krpat" is a game that I wrote back in 1992-1994 when I was a teenager. It was never officially released. It was written on Didaktik M, a Czechoslovak clone of ZX Spectrum 48K. It is free for distribution.
This is a great find. HUGE sprites.

There is a problem in SPIN and Spectaculator: Kempston is being automatically selected, so that defining and selecting keys is only possible if you hold down the key while the text is scrolling.

Thanks so much. You've provided all the info required and more. The next update will be after christmas (as far as I know), but this will be included.
RWAC
Manic Miner

Post by RWAC »

I love how colourful European games are
PeterMac
Drutt

Post by PeterMac »

RWAC wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:29 pm I love how colourful European games are
This has a simple explanation in may case. I had only old B/W TV set in my room. So I made the graphics quite color blindly. Only when the game was almost finished I saw it on a color TV in our living room :)
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

It's a great looking game! It would sell very well in the 80s if it was released commercially.
Graphic style is a little bit similar to Savage and other games by Dave Perry/Nick Brutty.

[mention]PeterMac[/mention] You may really feel proud of yourself.
PeterMac
Drutt

Post by PeterMac »

Thank you very much. Yes, I was a bit late in 1995. And yes, Savage was the main inspiration when it comes to game style.
RMartins
Manic Miner

Post by RMartins »

Scrolling the background, while keeping the player graph in the same place on screen, helps a lot in the smooth feeling it as, while still keeping usage of colors. The 8 by 8 pixel scroll also seems to work great for the scale/ratio of such a large character.

Well done.
cmal
Manic Miner

Post by cmal »

I like the huge colourful sprites and the fact that the game plays well and runs at a very good speed. Great job on this and thanks for digging it up after all those years.
Sparky
Manic Miner

Post by Sparky »

This looks awesome! I'm loving the big sprites!
Alex
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

TAP version (without "obscure" loader) compatible with +2A/3 can be downloaded here ... ;)

https://cs.speccy.cz/?scn=1&srt=1&new_it=1