ROM Hack [Release] Celeste Classic GBA port

JeffRuLz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P1QCdkL.png

Celeste Classic is the prototype of the hit indie game Celeste. It's a difficult platforming game that demands precise wall jumps and air dashes.
I've ported it to one of my favorite consoles: the Game Boy Advance! Now it can be played on not only the GBA, but anything else with a GBA emulator.
It's almost a direct conversion with minor graphical alterations.

Download Here

Play the original game here.

Game Credits:
Matt Thorson - design and audio
Noel Berry - code and art

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Amazing! Good choice in porting to GBA, that way it can be appreciated on GBA, DS and 3DS natively. Would a GBC port even be possible or is it too weak?

aea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Played it in my Pocket Chip but with some lags, this should be more enjoyable. Thanks.

JeffRuLz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing! Good choice in porting to GBA, that way it can be appreciated on GBA, DS and 3DS natively. Would a GBC port even be possible or is it too weak?
I had to make some adjustments to have it run full-speed on the GBA. Idk too much about the GBC, but if it was remade specifically for it then it might be possible.

Reactions: lordelan and Zense
P

pasc

Niiiiiiiiiice ! Awesome game. Gotta try it.

Edit. This Game is fun (Kind of reminds me of how Sato (Ajin) used to play his beloved "Speedrunner" xD)

Last edited by ,

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I had to make some adjustments to have it run full-speed on the GBA. Idk too much about the GBC, but if it was remade specifically for it then it might be possible.
Yeah it was more of a thought experiment. Seeing how Celeste is dependent on very smooth and precise movement, I figure running it smoothly is the biggest stopper to it running, compared to the mere graphical requirements. I'm just thinking about Super Mario Land which runs and scrolls a lot less smoothly than celeste since it doesn't rely as much on precise movement and platforming (relative to what it is compared to of course).

sonypvm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is really amazing work!

We really lack a good Tetris on GBA, if you could somehow port Pico Tetris 1.1 on GBA you'd be a hero.

Reactions: Tarmfot

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Would it be less illegal than a gba rom?
I think it would depend on the content of that ROM.
I'll wait for a response from forum staff before I post anything though.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

sonypvm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I mean that's nice and all but can't I get a version that isn't trippy and spinning all around the place B-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    StatusN @ StatusN: hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works...