Lamega

Hi guys.

I was kinda bored this weekend (being at work and such), so i was making this little thing in ZX Basic.
It's no good game by any means, but i had fun coding it and thats what matters to me ^_^
It's called Lamega, as in Lame Galaga ^_^

KDV0EeF.png

You can get it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw3kIWn1nkEbTDVYTzRlQzhnVmc

PS: If you wonder what's the difference between levels, the baddies descent quicker...
Thanked by 2hikoki mik3d3nch

Comments

• Pretty cool! I managed to get to wave 9, with a score of 81, on my first try!
  • cmonkey wrote: »
    Pretty cool! I managed to get to wave 9, with a score of 81, on my first try!

You are better then i'm, i got to wave 5 and forgot to remember my score... Should make Hi-Score a thing...
  • oooohhh nice, can multiple shots be added please.
  • MatGubbins wrote: »
    oooohhh nice, can multiple shots be added please.

Will look into it. Probably yes, but i was too lazy to do it ^_^
    My reasoning was, original galaxian had oneshot as well ^_^
  • Oh! would you make the code available? (i am pretty bad at coding and all the rest: i mean can you provide a file i can load in BASin and look at the code?)
    Find my (mostly unfinished) games here
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1694367894143130/
  • Is this done in ordinary Sinclair BASIC, Boriel's ZX-Basic (which compiles itself), or Sinclair BASIC then put through a compiler?
    Joefish
    - IONIAN-GAMES.com -
  • It's Boriels ZX Basic.
    So yeah, i can upload the code, but it wont work in basin.
    Gimme some time to clean the code a bit ^_^
  • I did think it was running a bit speedily for Sinclair BASIC.
    Joefish
    - IONIAN-GAMES.com -
  • edited May 2016
    Crisis wrote: »
    http://speccy21.co.nr/ ??
    hikoki !!! server not found ...
    The domain for redirection has been failing for a couple days, actually the site is https://sites.google.com/site/speccy21/home
    I guess I'll stop maintaining the site as soon as the wos archive gets updated again. I was thinking of making a zx81 site but can't find an online emulator which runs well on ipad.

As for the new speed param of qaop/js it could be interesting to open a thread about slow games whose gameplay becomes great by increasing speed.
    Post edited by hikoki on
  • Cool little game.

@hikoki - many many thanks for so much for this site :-)
    Thanked by 1hikoki
  • I was asked for source code for Lamega. I wanted to clean it up first but didn't get arroud to do it and now i couldn't be bothered ^_^
    So here it is if you are still interested:

Lamega sourcecode
  • It's no good game by any means,

You're a better man than I am Gunga Din!
  • I never said it was a good game, did i ^_^ Made it in a day as an excersise.
    But some people wanted to see the source so here it is.
  • Oh i didn't noticed that it was a quote... Nevermind, still dont know what gunga din is...
  • edited June 2017
    Interesting. Always nice to see that print64 made it in. Feels worth the effort for doing up zx basic functions more each time I see them used :)

Did you look at the wiki library section? Quite a lot of alternatives for screen stuff, graphics and so on in there.

You could have borrowed my timer function, which is fair bit faster than doing all the maths. This does exactly the same as yours without all the multiplying of numbers, and does it in 7 bytes, I think.

FUNCTION t() as uLong
    asm
    LD DE,(23674)
    LD D,0
    LD HL,(23672)
    end asm
    end function

That said, nice - fun little game.
    Post edited by Gedlion on
  • edited June 2017
    rikokun wrote: »
    Oh i didn't noticed that it was a quote... Nevermind, still dont know what gunga din is...
    I think it comes from a poem by Rudyard Kipling one of the Barrack Room Ballads perhaps? Its meant to be a British soldier saying to a native water carrier that despite the way the native - Gunga Din - is shouted at and abused, when alls said and done, he's the better man.

I quoted that line of bold type. I wasnt putting you down, I was paying you a compliment!
    Post edited by mik3d3nch on
  • Gedlion wrote: »
    Interesting. Always nice to see that print64 made it in. Feels worth the effort for doing up zx basic functions more each time I see them used :)

Did you look at the wiki library section? Quite a lot of alternatives for screen stuff, graphics and so on in there.

You could have borrowed my timer function, which is fair bit faster than doing all the maths. This does exactly the same as yours without all the multiplying of numbers, and does it in 7 bytes, I think.

FUNCTION t() as uLong
    asm
    LD DE,(23674)
    LD D,0
    LD HL,(23672)
    end asm
    end function

That said, nice - fun little game.

Will look that timer rutine next time i do something. Thanks for pointing that out.
  • mik3d3nch wrote: »
    rikokun wrote: »
    Oh i didn't noticed that it was a quote... Nevermind, still dont know what gunga din is...
    I think it comes from a poem by Rudyard Kipling one of the Barrack Room Ballads perhaps? Its meant to be a British soldier saying to a native water carrier that despite the way the native - Gunga Din - is shouted at and abused, when alls said and done, he's the better man.

I quoted that line of bold type. I wasnt putting you down, I was paying you a compliment!

Oh that's way too posh for me ^_^ I see gunga and think of Jar-Jar... T_T
    I realised that you were quoting me later, but left my mistake there for everyone to see what idiot i'm ^_^