New game: Invasive Species

33b0fbd75fe5612537f718bfc99ad688f49ed180.png

New game, should work on all versions of Spectrum except 16K.

Eradicate the critters then find the exit, some creatures will have to be dispatched in colour order and may take several hits, others need to be pinned down before they will die.

Download here.

Comments

• Great game. The graphics and use of colour is fantastic.
  • just... WOW!
    Heavy on the disasm
  • Yup another quality of strangeness from Davey
  • Forgot to mention, in order to properly complete the game you need to collect all the diamonds.

A diamond is awarded once a screen is cleared of all the creatures except the ladybirds/aphids.

There was supposed to be a map showing which diamonds had been collected and which hadn't but I couldnt get it to work properly.
  • sometimes the furry nasties can trap the player in a corner and there is no way of escape or being killed.... waited a long time before killing the emulator.
  • Top stuff! Thanks Davey.

Can you explain a bit more about the diamonds? Is this an item that appears on screen that you are supposed to collect?
  • Kill all the large nasties and all the nasties that don't look similar to blue ladybird beetles by pushing them down to the ground or so they hit another nastie/object so that they are crushed. You also have to kill the plant/flower that grows from the ground, once that has been done go to the exit and you'll be awarded a diamond.
  • Thanks, I wasn't doing the plant.
  • MatGubbins wrote: »
    sometimes the furry nasties can trap the player in a corner and there is no way of escape or being killed.... waited a long time before killing the emulator.

Yeah. that is what the abort to 'map' would have remedied but it all got complicated as the memory ran out.

There is a way to abort by pressing symbol shift and 6 or 7 to skip screens.

I really should have spent more time getting the map screen sorted. But it all got a bit complex.

But you can use symbol shift with 6/7 to revisit screens.
  • MatGubbins wrote: »
    Kill all the large nasties and all the nasties that don't look similar to blue ladybird beetles by pushing them down to the ground or so they hit another nastie/object so that they are crushed. You also have to kill the plant/flower that grows from the ground, once that has been done go to the exit and you'll be awarded a diamond.

Blue?

You aint playing it on the Vega then eh? ;))
  • Great game (as usual)
    ! and thanks (Matt) for the tips !
    (and yes the ladybugs are blue on my emulator too)
    Find my (mostly unfinished) games here
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1694367894143130/