SMD music rips

Announce (tech) demos or games releases

Moderator: Mask of Destiny

Shiru
Very interested

SMD music rips

Post by Shiru » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:05 am

Maybe it will be interesting for somebody. One of russian SMD sceners, HardWareMan, did some music rips from games. These rips are not VGM or GYM dumps as usual, but ROMs with simple music player instead (i.e. it uses original sound data and engine).

Currently available:

Battle Toads and BT&DD Trax
Comix Zone Trax
Rock'n'Roll Racing Trax
Super 3 in 1 Trax (Subterrania, Red Zone, Batman & Robin)

MIKE-STAMP
Interested

Post by MIKE-STAMP » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:23 pm

That type of thing looks familiar, I made a small project that. That took the original engine and sound data from a good list of games and stuck them in the same rom.

Sonic and Knuckles + sonic 3
Sonic 2
Sonic 3D
Mickey mouse - world of illusion
Animaniacs
Tiny Toons
Ecco the dolphin
Lemmings
Sonic 1 (sms)

you can download it from my ugly and very unreliable website.

http://www.mjsstuf.x10hosting.com/

zinger
Very interested

Post by zinger » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:55 pm

That's really cool! Good to know it's absolutely authentic.

TmEE co.(TM)
Very interested

Post by TmEE co.(TM) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:27 am

THAT IS SUPER AWESOME !!! But there's some problems on real hardware, it runs only on early MD models without TMSS (luckily I have 2), and even then, the VDP is not quite set up... black is white, and there's 3x 32 pixel tall bands on screen.... And you don't have SEGA on 100h, and you don't write SEGA to $A16000 (was it A16000 ?). PLEASE add them !!!

Tiny Toon, Ecco, Lemmings and SMS Sonic1 don't work, latter crashes the MD too.

And I read the WHOLE readme ;)

Anyway, I LOVE what you have done !!!
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
http://www.tmeeco.eu
Files of all broken links and images of mine are found here : http://www.tmeeco.eu/FileDen

MIKE-STAMP
Interested

Post by MIKE-STAMP » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:19 am

I can supply a working one, the reason it don't work is I have a fixation with decompressing data into the sram that one can take for granted on an emulator. I didn't expect it to be used on the real hardware so I did,nt make any prevsion, by the way I would,nt mind some info on a programmable cart.
I have never seen any of my programms on the real tihng.

LocalH
Very interested

Post by LocalH » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:44 am

http://tototek.com/pio/main1/SUBMENU/PA ... dpro64.htm

Tototek sells both 32Mb and 64Mb versions, although unless you're planning on using SSF2-style bankswitching the 64Mb one is only useful for putting multiple ROMs on the same cart. I'm unsure about support for SRAM except when located at $200000, but it does support SRAM. Alternately, you could seek out an old-school cart copier (I personally own a 16Mb Super Magic Drive, and there are also copiers with up to 32Mbit as far as Genesis compatibility goes, I've heard good things about the Double Pro Fighter which I understand is based on the SMD as far as the Genesis side is concerned).

MIKE-STAMP
Interested

Post by MIKE-STAMP » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:23 pm

Looks intersting, with the dolar as low as it is I can get the 32M version for £40. Ive never liked flash memory but. I suppose it beter than nothing.

Ive been trying to design a sega genesis hdd game loader for ages, my plan falls down at the first hurdle. Getting 4MB of ram. The sega genesis supports dram for development cartrages does anybody know how this operates?

One last thing, I belive I have fixed my z80music jukebox. It should run on the real hardware properly now. Its on my website under the original entry.

Mask of Destiny
Very interested

Post by Mask of Destiny » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:57 pm

MIKE-STAMP wrote:Ive been trying to design a sega genesis hdd game loader for ages, my plan falls down at the first hurdle. Getting 4MB of ram. The sega genesis supports dram for development cartrages does anybody know how this operates?
It has a little bit of support logic for DRAM built-in, but you still need a fair amount of logic on the cart to handle all the fun multi-plexing/refresh stuff that DRAM needs.

I wanted to do this for a while. Besides the problem of actually assembling a circuit board with surface mount components, the thing that stopped me was finding affordable appropriate RAM. SRAM was too expensive, 5V DRAM chips are hard to find, 72-pin SIMMs are too wide, 30-pin SIMMs are hard to find.

The easiest way to do something like this would probably to get a cheap CPLD or FPGA dev board that already has RAM on it. It's way over-kill, but www.digilentinc.com sells a $99 US Spartan 3E board with 16MB of RAM. You can do a bunch of other nifty things with it too. There's a $150 board from terasic.com (the Altera DE-1) that a couple of people have been able to setup as an Amiga computer.

notaz
Very interested

Post by notaz » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:14 pm

The links seem to be dead, and I have trouble finding this on HardWareMan's site. HardWareMan, can you bring those back? I'm mainly interested in DuckTales Moon track that I remember was there but I'm unable to find the ROM any more.

GManiac
Very interested

Post by GManiac » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:07 am

I also made music rips in old 2005, this is finished one.

HardWareMan
Very interested

Post by HardWareMan » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:15 am

notaz wrote:The links seem to be dead, and I have trouble finding this on HardWareMan's site. HardWareMan, can you bring those back? I'm mainly interested in DuckTales Moon track that I remember was there but I'm unable to find the ROM any more.
You talking about Shiru's TFM player and my shell for it. Take it all in one. All Trax

Christuserloeser
Very interested

Post by Christuserloeser » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:37 pm

GManiac wrote:I also made music rips in old 2005, this is finished one.
Very nice! Thanks for sharing! :D
http://www.DCEvolution.net - Gigabytes of free Dreamcast software for you

HardWareMan
Very interested

Post by HardWareMan » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:46 am

Yesterday I ran my first purchased for the MD game: Bubba'n'Stix. Shed tears and made ​​a rip. Take it. Bubba'n'Stix Trax