English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 12 February 2019, 09:27   #61
earok

The February update is out - 200 games total, latest pack is Soldier themed. A few notes:

* The previous packs have been reworked in the following ways:
- Alcatraz (moved to Soldier pack)
- Bloodwych (moved to Soldier pack)
- Cool Croc Twins (new to Platformer pack)
- Datastorm (new to Vehicular shooters pack)
- Forgotten Worlds (Deleted)
- Mega Twins (moved to Beat Em Ups pack)
- Midnight Resistance (moved to Soldier pack)
- Narc (Deleted)
- Spherical (new to Platformer pack)
- Troddlers (new to Platformer pack)

* North & South has been updated with the latest slave
* Hired Guns is there but is definitely keyboard and mouse required, there's no easy way around that
* Operation Thunderbolt is an exclusive hacked version for gamepad play. Mouse play is still supported though.
Old 25 February 2019, 05:55   #62
earok

Just making a minor note - I received a private message pointing out that (on a real PAL CD32), Yo! Joe! crashed after completing first stage and riding the bird.

I haven't investigated it yet to see if it might be a WHDLoad slave or CD32Load issue etc etc. If anyone wanted to look into it themselves, I'd appreciate it.
Old 25 February 2019, 09:34   #63
jotd
This cat is no more

To test that, with a keyboard connected, without having to play the level:

Set CUSTOM1=1 to start with the cheat mode enabled (see below), then use Y to advance levels / fly mode.
Old 28 February 2019, 12:01   #64
dax

Thank You for Your work, Earok! . Thank You to Toni Wilen for his emulator (accidentally seen You're active when I was writing this post) . And Thank You to this community

Last edited by dax; 28 February 2019 at 12:10.
Old 02 March 2019, 22:04   #65
speshady

Thanks for the hard work Earok, simply brilliant!
Old 03 March 2019, 13:36   #66
calculon

Cheers guys!

Any ideas where the grafic issues come from? I have them in the Games as well. Problem with the host grafic system maybe?

Running AmigaForever latest Version on a standard Intel Window 7 Laptop.

Regards,

Stefan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbenannt.png
Views:	250
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	62313  

Old 03 March 2019, 15:23   #67
DamienD
Banned

You haven't really provided much detail calculon; besides that you are using Amiga Forever.

I can tell you that this issue you've reported doesn't occur in WinUAE when using a standard CD32 config:

Old 04 March 2019, 16:48   #68
calculon

Thanks for your reply. I digged a little deeper in the config file & changed a bit. Seems to work now! Thanks for kickin' me!

Old 15 March 2019, 04:32   #69
earok

Ok, latest update has been posted. There's been a lot of changes so I may have forgotten a few.

First up, the theme of the 9th pack is fighting games (one-on-one fighters as opposed to scrolling beat-em-ups, which were in an older pack)

There's a supplemental disc which optionally includes some games that weren't on the main disc, also a few CD audio tracks and CDXL intros which I couldn't include on the main disc because of space concerns.

UN Squadron/Area 88 was dropped from Vehicle Shooters and moved to the supplemental disc, Frenetic is in it's place.

Watchtower now boots with CD32Launch to provide second button grenade fire (thanks to JOTD for this)

Yo Joe! Has been changed to not use Filecache or VBR move due to a crash report. I'm not sure if either was the cause of the reported crash, but in any case (at least using cheats under emulation) it seems to be possible to get to the end of the game without crashing.

Latest slaves for Bubble Bobble and Battle Squadron have been used.

I was given some tips to patch Ninja Warriors and Games: Summer Edition to use two joysticks as a default setting (as opposed to needing the keyboard to configure this).

-------------------

Well, that's it for this update. Final update is going to be a mix of shareware, freeware, indie and recent games. I'm intending to include the likes of Barbarian+, Tanks Furry, Parachute Joust and Tanx.

Since it'll be the final update, let me know now what you want - so long as it's a 2P game, I'll consider it, even if I need to fit it into an already released pack. Otherwise, forever hold your peace
Old 03 April 2019, 13:53   #70
earok

Alright, it's done. Final edition is out. Last update is up. Phew. 10 months of pottering away at this project, finally it's over.

There may still be an additional supplemental disc on the way with various games I couldn't include in the core 250.
Old 03 April 2019, 14:12   #71
kriz

Ahh yeahh, thanks alot Earok !!! You rock !!
Old 03 April 2019, 17:26   #72
Sandancer

Nice one earok Thank You
Old 03 April 2019, 21:25   #73
AmigaBill

You rock Earok! We will be enjoying that at WAUG tomorrow night! Anyone have any recommendations for playing this .iso off hard drive on a real Amiga 1200? I have successfully played CD32 stuff off a CD-ROM connected to a 1200, but never tried playing an .iso off the HD. Thanks!
Old 03 April 2019, 23:48   #74
NeoHippie2016
Freak

Cool, thank you, earok! "Peace, man!"
Old 04 April 2019, 00:01   #75
earok

Cheers guys!

@AmigaBill I'd recommend playing it from a real CD32. Some games will work if you simply extract the entire ISO to an HDD, but many of them will only load from a Disc. A CD Drive connected to an A1200 might work for most games.
Old 04 April 2019, 07:44   #76
thairacerjp

Just a BIG Masterpiece ! thanks EAROK you ROCK , i saw that you put "Wild Cup Soccer", less famous than "Brutal Sport Football" but so much fun , AmigaBill, you HAVE TO BUY A CD32 NOW !! NO WAY OUT
Old 04 April 2019, 08:51   #77
wairnair

Thank you earok!
Old 13 April 2019, 22:15   #78
iXien

Thank you Earok for this great compilation with a nice and simple interface. Very easy and fast. It shows that there was a lot of games to play with pals! I saw Second Samurai AGA in it. For me one of the greatest games on Amiga, using AGA graphical features with more colorful parallax scrolling. And the game has been patched here to be played without keyboard!

I really liked the different unofficial CD32 adaptations you made in the past and I was wondering if you would be ready to make a single version of this game, especially as it was announced to be officially released by Psygnosis? I suppose it would be very easy and quick to do for you.

Nevertheless, We will have a drink for you with my friends during our next evening playing on our beloved CD32!
Old 14 April 2019, 12:49   #79
Wachi

Thumbs up

Thank you
Old 15 April 2019, 00:10   #80
Clydos
aka (Cpt)JohnArcher

@iXien: What game do you mean?

@earok: Thanks a lot for your hard work, really much appreciated! Currently downloading the pack. Will have some gaming fun with my boys at easter.